CliniSys – Transforming the future of health
CliniSys is the world’s largest organisation dedicated to diagnostics and laboratory informatics. In the May 2022 Laboratory Information Systems global market report by Signify Research, CliniSys Group accounted for 19.5% global market share, significantly more than the nearest competitor. CliniSys also has leading regional market shares in the territories it operates.
Why are laboratories so important in healthcare? 80% of all healthcare diagnostic and therapeutic decisions are informed by pathology and 95% of clinical pathways are underpinned by diagnostic services.
For 40 years the CliniSys Group has been successfully specialising in complex and wide scale delivery of comprehensive laboratory and public health solutions in over 3,000 laboratories across 34 countries.
Our combined cross-discipline expertise provides customers with solutions to support laboratory workflows across clinical, histology, molecular, genetics, including order management, reporting and results delivery domains. Additionally, we serve laboratories in environmental testing, water quality, agriculture, and toxicology.
Across the globe CliniSys employs over 1,450 individuals, living in 12 different countries, representing 19 diverse cultures, speaking 21 different languages, with unsurpassed global knowledge of the complex laboratory and diagnostics sector. Across the UK & Ireland CliniSys employs over 300 people.
An exciting opportunity for a Problem and Major Incident Manager to join our team supporting critical support services around our applications to our clientele. The Problem and Incident Manager is responsible for facilitating and driving the resolution of all major incidents, as well as the company-wide acceptance, progression and reporting on all activities within our Problem Management and Major Incident processes, such as facilitating root cause investigations and managing the implementation of corrective and preventative measures including Event Management.
You’ll be responsible for the creation, development and management of Problem Management and Major Incident Management processes and documentation, whilst managing the life-cycle of all problem and major incident records.
- Establish and maintain high levels of ownership – resolving, progressing and managing all major incident or problem records to a satisfactory conclusion on the CliniSys Service Management systems, ensuring that the relevant records in the Service Management systems are updated in good time and that appropriate parties (including the customer) are kept up to date on progress.
- Validate or reject reported Problem and Major Incident records ensuring they are correctly identified, understood, prioritised and categorised
- Scheduling and chairing Problem and Major Incident reviews/meetings and the subsequent documentation of all agreed actions
- To attend agreed meetings with Clients or carry out further on site analysis where appropriate to resolve or aid the resolution of Major Incident and Problem records
- Coordinate and facilitate the implementation of agreed actions and preventative measures to achieve or exceed business required service quality standards by identifying and engaging the appropriate resources within CliniSys and our external suppliers
- To examine and escalate as required Problem and Major Incident records at risk of breaching service agreement targets
- Responsibility for the creation and issue of regular and accurate management reports including specific problem root cause analysis, incident trending, major incident reports etc to feed into the business for the facilitation of suggested Service Improvement Plans
- To coordinate and facilitate problem resolution by engaging a variety of support teams
- To assist with the identification of the resources to which the problem should be escalated. Conveys appropriate urgency and importance to identified personnel.
- To support the determination of problem priority, assignment of problem record, the determination of remedial action and the implementation of all corrective actions
- To facilitate communication with customers, team members, suppliers, etc. to ensure the actions and changes which may affect them are known and documents commitments and action items.
- To conduct, approve and facilitate the publication of all root cause analysis (RCA) within the known errors management tool(s) or database. This includes the documented root cause (or the decision that such could not be found) and the documented workaround, both internally and to the customer if fitting.
- To examine and escalate as required problem records at risk of missing service agreement targets.
- To understand, comply and develop with customer and CliniSys procedures, working practices and directives in a timely manner.
- To work with and follow the guidance of the Service Operations Manager, and where needed stand in for the Service Operations Manager
- To fully understand the service CliniSys has been engaged to deliver in line with contractual and other customer expectations and has a thorough understanding of all service offerings.
- To be conversant with the core functionality of Pathology products and that of general disciplines
- To establish a quality working relationship with end users and solve their problems in a timely fashion by using and developing diagnosis, analytical, problem solving, discipline specific and technical skills to achieve Service Levels.
- To understand and operate the escalation procedure within the defined limits of time, knowledge and level of contracted support.
- To maintain and update all quality documentation issued to you by the company and ensure process documentation meets the operational objective and are fit for purpose.
- To act as a Data Manager ensuring a secure approach to the handling and management of customer owned or patient identifiable data
- To participate in an on call duty manager rota
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong motivational skills – can deliver the tasks in difficult circumstances
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including communicating with technical and non-technical clients and staff at all organisational levels
- High levels of commitment and ability to take action when necessary
- Ability and willingness to work independently
- High level of customer service skills
- Excellent decision making / problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Adaptability / flexible to changing demands
- Ability to implement and manage change
- Understanding process lifecycle including version control, version history, peer circulation and touch point agreements)
- An understanding of project management principles specifically application of project management control principles including risk/issue management, planning, configuration management, etc.
- Ability to create and deliver executive-level summary reports and presentations
Depending on the experience of a candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offers a £competitive basic salary and car allowance plus a generous package and a great work environment.
This role will be a hybrid one with some home working and some time based out of our Chertsey or Glasgow office; you will be required to undertake infrequent travel across the UK to client sites and commitments, company offices, and events, as and when required.
This role will be based from home or out of our Chertsey or Glasgow office, with the ability to work from home a number of days per week; you may be required to undertake occasional travel across the UK to client sites and commitments, company offices, and events, as and when required package and great work environment.