A Senior Java Engineer is required by a leading company who specialise in the development, manufacture and supply of advanced maritime management and surveillance technologies, products and systems.
Their products are used around the world to track, monitor and manage large numbers of boats operating along extended coast lines and Exclusive Economic Zones (EEZ). The company is the recognised global leader in Marine Domain Awareness (MDA) systems and is working to deploy systems which range from tracking a few boats to many tens of thousands with complex networked shore-based infrastructure.
You will join the systems development team who is responsible for the availability, security, scalability of their vessel monitoring system and delivering their product roadmap, ensuring that quality is at the heart of the products.
• Have at least 5 years’ development experience with at least 3 years in an Agile environment.
• Implementing End-to-end solution from design/architecture
• Microservices design and implementation
• Enterprise database design and implementation
• API Design, and implementation
• Demonstrable ability of improving quality.
• Ability to communicate to a wide technical audience.
• Be able to create collaborate on design documentation.
• Be able to adhere to company-wide design principles and best practices.
• Understanding of large distributed, data sharing systems deployed over large distances
• Experience with Cyber-Security strategies and implementation
• Experience in software verification and validation including functional, regression, scenario, load, usability, stress, performance and automated testing.
This role is remote, with occasional travel to meet the team in Bath/Cardiff.
If interested, please contact Oli Stockford at Evolution Recruitment ASAP!