Europe’s largest diagnostic IT vendor want you!
For over 30 years CliniSys Group has been at the forefront of diagnostics workflow, this is your opportunity to be at the forefront of their enterprise solution development.
After recent success, CliniSys are now looking for an experienced DBA to join a team of high performing DBA’s within the technical services team.
- Support of the WinPath Enterprise solution, comprising of various Oracle databases including WinPath, PathManager and CyberLab applications database storage mechanisms.
- To work within the Delivery environment organising and overseeing all customer-based IT implementations, developing quality processes and documentation for installation to satisfy the customer and business requirements.
- Working closely with the Service Desk and development teams to solve customer Oracle issues as required and to lead in customer database upgrades and sizing as required.
- Delivering support in accordance with product lifecycle processes in accordance with the product roadmap.
- To part-take in the out of hours on-call rota to support primarily the Oracle environment.
- To keep abreast of Oracle products and functionality.
- To work with and support Technical Sales, Sales and Bids when required to ensure accurate and timely quotations and technical specifications.
- To work with and follow the guidance of the Professional Services DBA Team Lead and the Technical Services Manager.
- To comply with the CliniSys codes of conduct and guidelines
- Install DBMS software and database patches (CPU and PSU).
- Develop and design RMAN Backup and recovery procedures.
- Review, design and document Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Carry out Data Migration tasks for import of additional customer data.
- Implement Grid Control (Oracle Enterprise Manager), archiving, scheduling jobs, RMAN/daily backups/Recovery and monitoring strategies.
- Perform Data Pump, Export/Import functions.
- Provide proactive monitoring of the database instances and take preventive steps (setting up alerts) to ensure high availability.
- Partner with development teams to create a high-volume transaction system.
- Recommend best practice SQL tuning.
- Provide impact analysis reports on database configuration/schema changes.
- Conduct iterative and high-performance tuning of RAC and database environments starting from development.
- Research and design database/infrastructure solutions for scalability based on business requirements.
- Undertake any reasonable DBA request (Design, Sizing, tuning, upgrades, issue resolution, etc.) when directed to do so by either their direct line manager (team leader), or the head of department and execute to the best of his/her ability, working within the companies ISO processes. To act on a consultancy basis for completing any pre-sales requirements. These may include but are not limited to: –
- Provide on-call support for production environment including deployments/migrations, running patch, bug fix scripts, and routine maintenance.
- To work with other members of technical services and support teams on customer database issues, upgrades, sizing, tuning etc. as required and recommend any product changes.
- Consider the operational, deployment and support impacts of decisions taken, deferring to the appropriate level for guidance when potential questions arise.
- Prepare and deliver Oracle in house training to other technical staff.
- To be familiar with all company processes, with a specific focus on those where that individual has direct responsibility.
Review customer’s existing infrastructure in terms of Database/platform sizing and design.
Match to contractual performance, availability, etc.
Contribute to managing suppliers and get best value.
Documentation requirements and configurations, e.g., Environmental reports, solutions design, etc.
- Pathology’s IT partner of choice for service efficiency and patient care
- Over 2,500 laboratories using our solutions
- Creator of class-leading products such as WinPath, GLIMS, ICE & CyberLab
- CliniSys is the market-leading LIMS solutions provider in the UK and Europe
- Well established, with over 30 years in the industry
- 500 IT healthcare professionals dedicated to the development, deployment, and support of our laboratory software
To apply for the role or find out more information get in touch with Dylan Wagster at Evolution Recruitment.