Keeping up with the latest trends is an inseparable part of working in the tech sector. Particularly in the post pandemic era which has brought changes to the way we work. Job seeking habits have changed too. Nowadays, candidates pay more attention to companies they admire and seek evidence of great company culture before they even consider applying. In search for new and innovative ways to reach and attract new talent, businesses have turned to online events. This strategy has proven to be effective and many organisations have embraced it as they seek to take advantage of the benefits that online events can offer.
Benefits to Hosting Online Events
By hosting a virtual recruiting event, you can reach a larger and more diverse pool of talent, from across the country or even the world. This can help you tap into new talent markets and find the best candidates for your open positions. Here are some of the benefits:
- Building brand awareness – You can leverage online events to build a positive and strong brand image that appears to tech talents and sets your company apart from the competition. This can be especially useful for companies that are based in remote locations or for start-ups.
- Global reach – You can connect with talent from around the world. This means that people who are usually unable to attend due to geographical reasons can also participate in the event!
- They can be highly targeted – Online events have a broad reach but you can make them as niche as you like. Tailor your content to your target audience. Only those who are genuinely interested in the topic of your event will attend it.
- Let the talent find you – You can create a low pressure environment to attract passive talent. This gives you the upper-hand on the competitors who only depend on reaching active job candidates.
- Cost effective & time efficient – Online events eliminate the costs associated with travel, venue rental, and other expenses associated with in-person events. This is especially crucial for start-ups and smaller tech companies that may have limited budgets for talent acquisition.
- Availability – Unlike face-to-face events, online events eliminate the risk of cancellations due to unpredictable weather or unforeseen circumstances, providing a more flexible and convenient option for both the organiser and attendees. Online events can be recorded and made available for viewing multiple times in various formats, increasing their accessibility and reach.
- Generating leads – You can generate leads by exchanging your online event for the the attendees’ personal data. This will help you create targeted marketing campaigns and track engagement.
Types of Events to Attract Talent
The decision about format should be made based on your goals and your audience. Here are examples of online events you can host:
- Webinars – Hosting a professional development event can attract talent by demonstrating a commitment to their growth and professional advancement. At the same time, you can educate the attendees on your company and move passive candidates to active opportunities.
- Panel discussions – By offering valuable insights, information, and perspectives on key issues, companies can demonstrate their expertise and build their brand as a go-to source for information and solutions.
- Virtual career fairs – Virtual career fairs offer a unique opportunity to connect with tech talent while allowing them to explore job openings. Virtual career fairs are a great way to showcase your company culture, values, and mission, as well as provide job seekers with a glimpse into what it’s like to work at your organisation. This can help attendees to decide whether they are the right fit for the industry or organisation and reduce the number of low quality applications.
How We’ve Done It
At Evolution, we frequently run and manage online events as a value-added service for clients we work with. Online events allow our clients to communicate their chosen message to the audience. For instance, “What NHS Hiring Managers Want From Their Tech Contractors” served as an educational webinar for talent in the UK interested in tech roles within the NHS. The goal of the webinar was to encourage candidates who don’t possess all the technical skills to apply and to send out a message that hiring managers will consider candidates who don’t tick all the technical boxes in favour of important soft skills such as great communication.
From webinars and panel discussions to virtual career fairs, there are various options available to showcase your brand, tap into new talent markets, and reach passive candidates. With the benefits of global reach, cost-effectiveness and flexibility, online events can help you find the best candidates and drive growth for your company.
As experts in the tech recruitment field, we can utilise our extensive network of professionals and help you attract top talent using online events and other proven methods. Contact our team to discuss how our services can help you.