I am working with a digital TV company who provide security and multiscreen user experience solutions for the monetisation of digital media. They offer content providers and DTV operators worldwide with secure, open, integrated platforms and applications over broadcast, broadband, and mobile platforms.
They are looking for a Java Software Engineer to work on the development, maintenance, and testing of their product. They deliver scalable, reliable and high-performance, cloud deployed microservices, typically exposed via RESTful APIs.
• Design, develop, enhance, debug and implement high quality, scalable and robust software, ensuring both functional and non-functional requirements are fully tested via an automated pipeline.
• Collaborate with Architects and Product Owners to refine requirements and acceptance criteria and provide appropriate estimates for work items.
• Deliver appropriate documentation including and where appropriate low-level designs, user documentation and API specifications.
• Follow internal software development quality standards and processes including, producing high quality code, testing against requirements, and participating in code reviews.
• Adopt and champion core engineering practices including TDD (Test Driven Development), BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) and Continuous Delivery.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, and find solutions to issues that arise with software installed at their customer sites.
• Experience and proficiency in the following technologies and systems
o Java 8 or above
o High degree of competence in at least one of the following DBs (Mongo, Cassandra, Neo4J).
o Strong understanding of RESTful web services
• Robust knowledge of Source control, Continuous Integration and Release management.
• Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Design Patterns.
• Knowledge and experience integrating with external systems.
• Ability to demonstrate current knowledge and awareness of new technology trends and development techniques within the software industry.
• Ability to present in-depth technical subjects, both written and verbally in formal and informal settings
If interested, please contact Oli Stockford at Evolution Recruitment ASAP!