Senior Project Manager (Oracle)
It’s been nearly 2 years since the first UK lockdown when Covid-19 upended our lives.
Many made the abrupt shift to working from home, which has completely changed the way they will work, live and thrive in the post-pandemic future.
Working in the Defence Sector through Covid…
For those of us in the Defence sector, not a great deal changed. One of the benefits of working within defence is that you can’t exactly put mission critical projects on hold.
On the other hand, one of the draw backs of working within defence is that working from your dining table isn’t quite as safe as a dedicated secure environment. Limiting what can be done from home and meaning a lot of us have to traipse into the office still. Until now, we have now made significant changes and regardless of the SC clearance, we are now able to accommodate remote working.
The Senior Project Manager’s prime responsibility is to ensure that a complex, high-risk project or multiple projects, produces the required products, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost. Experience must include Oracle implementation – delivering large scale Oracle based solutions (preferably Cloud based).
SC Clearance or the ability to gain the clearance is required.
• Effective management of the project baseline
• Defines the project requirements, ensuring that the requirements catalogue traceability matrix is complete
• Manages the agreement process of the project requirements and objectives with the Project Board or appointed project assurance role.
• Manages the production of the required products and the delivery of the project in partnership with the customer and business unit to ensure acceptance, closedown and handover to service
• Manages the delivery of the project/multiple projects in partnership with the customer and business line to ensure acceptance, closedown and handover to service
• Operates within defined working practices, ensuring compliance with local project management policy, procedure and methodology where this is in place
• Gathers status reports of team members across their projects and addresses issues as appropriate
• Establishing and reporting project Key Performance Indicators to the Project Board through Highlight Reports and stage assessments
• Manages business and project risks and produces an effective plan and risk assessment so that timescales and project costs are understood and underwritten by all by the parties
• Ensures that formal review procedures are used
• Manages the risks associated with the deliverables of the project in order to minimize exposure to
Key Performance Indicators
• Delivery of project to time, cost and appropriate quality
• Achievement of project margin
• Customer Satisfaction scores
• Assignment feedback scores
• Status of project in the project management reporting tool
• Achievement of acceptance criteria and conformance to Operational Readiness Review
• Formal reviews have taken place and are documented
• Successful acceptance into service
• Efficient and timely availability of assets during all stages
• Progress reports are accepted by the assignment manager
• Risk plans are formally accepted by the assignment manager
• Amount of contingency used or released