Job description: Copy/Content writers
Our Client a regional NHS health board in the South west of the UK require Content / Copy writer with communications skills to undertake review and produce patient leaflets and documentation.
• Working with clinical teams to review (audit), define and prioritise their patient information requirements
• Writing patient information copy for multiple on-brand leaflets, ensuring it is clear and engaging, accessible and adheres to corporate standards
• Versioning control and helping manage sign-off
• Drafting internal communications to ensure clinical buy-in and engagement with the new patient information
• Working closely with a small team that includes proofreaders, translators, graphic designers and digital comms specialists
- Demonstrable experience of working with a brand and writing to an organisation’s tone of voice, while adhering to corporate standards
- Able to work quickly and accurately, to produce clear and engaging content
- Experience of taking a complex or jargon-heavy subject and making it digestible for a lay audience
- Experience of writing with easy read and accessibility in mind
- Organised, with a strong attention to detail – adept at managing multiple leaflets/pieces of content, keeping track of versions and signoffs
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability work across teams/departments
- Experience of working in/writing for the public sector, desirable
- Flexible, with a can-do approach to work Candidates must be prepared to share their portfolio/examples of work
• All roles are inside IR35
• All contracts will end on Thursday 31 March 2022.
Rate: £400 per day via an umbrella company
• Each person will have a professional lead who will explain the deliverables required in interview – these may change as the demands on the department change.
Location and Working relationships
• Working with any of client staff including clinical and non-clinical staff
• Must be able to align themselves to professional lead(s) and stakeholders availability which can include outside of normal hours
• The roles are remote.
• Candidates must have their own equipment for remote roles. The client will facilitate a secure connection
• Candidates must have sufficient broadband speed and connectivity to support delivery of the role.
• The client use MSTeams extensively (Zoom is not permitted) and candidates are expected to be proficient in the use of O365.
- Under no circumstances can any client data be offloaded onto a personal device or sent outside of the virtual work environment we provide.
Security and standards
• Ideally staff will have recent public sector experience and have a minimum BPSS they can share.
• Candidates are required to comply with any security protocols and standards the client/their professional lead require of them.