A global media technology company which specialises in sports betting content and data are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer who can define and implement the strategy for their DevOps function which provides services worldwide with a growing presence in the US and distributed team. This role is a leadership role, and will help drive decisions on tooling and approach to automation of deployments, monitoring, and all DevOps practices in the organisation. There is an existing small team of DevOps engineers in place of DevOps who will report into this role and be part of the implementation of these solutions. The team will be growing and covering support in the US, and you will work closely with the CSO on the strategy for this.
You will have extensive management experience, who can coach the team in the technologies that will be used. It’s an exciting opportunity to work on all aspects of a DevOps function from scratch, from definition all the way to implementation.
- Manage DevOps Engineers in the creation and maintenance of high quality deliverables within agreed project deadlines
- Take responsibility for the ongoing professional development of the team through coaching, mentoring and training
- Ensure that the team is on track to deliver on its goals, course correcting where necessary
- Relentlessly remove impediments blocking the team
- Implement continuous integration, deployment and infrastructure / application monitoring through collaboration with key stakeholders
- Implement processes to support the availability of appropriate pre and production environments for team members
- Drive the strategy to evolve and modernise existing tools and processes to ensure secure and scalable development operations
- Demonstrable experience implementing DevOps practices at scale
- Experience working with AWS and Cloud and “everything as a service”
- Experience working in a Linux/Unix/Windows environment
- Experience with GitLab and/or other CI technology
- Knowledge of state of the art monitoring technology and techniques
- Experience working with Restful APIs
- Proven experience in Configuration Management technologies
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment with other DevOps engineers, product managers, developers, etc
- Management/ Team Lead Experience, leading a high-performing team of engineers, including managing and shipping cross-functional or multi-team projects
- You are endlessly curious about the technologies your team works with and strive to keep your technical knowledge sharp — but you also feel comfortable knowing your greatest impact won’t be as a technical contributor
If interested, please contact Oli Stockford at Evolution Recruitment ASAP!