We are somehow, approaching the end of the year. Soon you’ll need your big coat again and then before you know it you’ll be having to think of an excuse to why you can’t attend this years Christmas Party.
Well rather than ‘putting up’ with your job, rather than waiting until the new year to start your job search, why not start now?
After the last 18 months, having a job that reflects your passions, talents and values is essential. One that appreciates the importance of work life balance even more so!
If you’re Technical Architect looking for a new challenge, make sure you keep reading…
The role on offer
As a Cloud Database Architect and subject matter expert, you will have a pivotal role in the following types of projects:
- Private Public & Hybrid Cloud database solutions– architecting, designing, building and testing new and existing Database capabilities. We work on large and complex projects, that requires collaboration with peers from multiple technology domains (network, compute, monitoring & security).
- Work across technologies – While we have a strong focus on moving towards Platform as a Service (PaaS) database technologies, we aim to deliver services that meet client needs that can involve transforming existing database technologies and developing bespoke solutions using industry standard and opensource technologies
- Database migration, automation, consolidation and transformation programmes
Working in the Cloud and Infrastructure Service as a Cloud DBA and SME, you will be working in an environment that:
- Partners closely with all the major hyperscale Cloud providers
- Enables our customers to leverage the right cloud database capabilities and develop bimodal operating models
- Fosters a collaborative working environment with clients, vendors, partners and other business units to develop and execute innovative and competitive solutions / projects for new and existing clients
- Operates at any point in the project lifecycle, from proposal creation through to the delivery of transformation projects
- Provides hands-on experience working with the latest database technologies and Cloud platforms
Why this role?
The work is wide and diverse in their nature, but here are a few examples of the type of work we do using Cloud Database technologies:
Finance: Move desired to move away from large SQL clusters, Data Warehouse and integration services to become more agile utilising Azure PaaS services e.g., Azure SQL, Managed Instances, Data Factory and Data Lake.
Automotive: Client wanted to move away from a proprietary database solution that was costing them a lot of money. Together with our India based Data Migration Factory, we developed an approach to migrate the data to a new PostgreSQL solution.
So, what kind of skills and qualities are we looking for?
- Passion for delivering innovative secure Cloud based SQL solutions (e.g. Azure SQL, Managed Instances, Data Lake)
- Integration and analysis skills (e.g. Data Factory, Analysis Services or Spotlight)
- Tooling skills for the maintenance, consolidation and migration of database workloads
- Strong documentation/presentation & consulting skills; able to articulate an approach in design artefacts
- Have an understanding of the benefits and obstacles in moving alternative database solutions whether they be proprietary or Opensource (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MariaDB)
- Able to understand the need to secure data and able to demonstrate their use of encryption/delegation of admin.
The Company: Who are you joining?
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation. You’re going to joining a company at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms
You’re joining a business that has created an environment where people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. Flexible working allows them to be agile in how they deliver to their
clients and by offering more freedom in where and how employees work, contributes to a better employee experience.
Due to the nature of the work carried out by this client you will be required to go through SC clearance upon joining.
To apply to the role or to find out more please contact Jack Mather at Evolution Recruitment Solutions.