Do you want to work on platforms that are used by millions of users?
Play a critical role in business critical global project?
Work with and lead a team of talented engineers to work on industry leading solutions?
If you answer to the above is “YES” please click apply of contact Dave Macpherson at Evolution Recruitment Solutions.
As a Lead DevOps Engineer you will run a team of upto 8 DevOps engineers and automation tester. You will be focused on three key areas, people/leadership, project delivery/stakeholder engagement and technology.
Your Squad/Team will be responsible for:
- Building and owning CI/CD Pipelines
- Infrastructure as code
- Release strategies
- Application and infrastructure monitoring
- Ensuring security and regulatory responsibilities are adhered to
- High level DB support
- Help prioritise work based on business goals
- Use previous knowledge and experience to help drive decision making
In addition to these responsibilities, as a Lead you will be expected to:
- Line manage and mentor the DevOps Engineers within the team
- Assist where needed in recruitment activities
- Turn high level programme planning into low level actionable pieces of work
- Manage stakeholders for the team’s deliverables
- Previous experience in leading a team of DevOps Engineers
- Stakeholder management skills
- Project delivery
- Interest and experience in developing and improving skills across an engineering team
- Public Cloud – AWS
- CI/CD – Jenkins or GoCD
- IaC – Terraform, CloudFormation or AWS CDK
- Configuration Management – Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Application monitoring and alerts – Prometheus, Alert Manager & Graphana Loki
- Additional Tech – Kafka, Cassandra, Apache Storm, Active MQ, Hashicorp Suite.