A Software Architect is required for a trusted supplier of leading school MIS and finance software, providing integrated solutions to the independent and international education sector for over 35 years.
You will join the team to help deliver excellence to their customers. You will be working closely with their Development and Product teams, including on-shore and off-shore LAMP stack developers and testers. They value a forward thinking, positive and innovative attitude and are seeking individuals who can join them to build their software, business, and direction.
• Working closely with the Product team, you will be helping design and evolve the product vision.
• Under supervision of the Principal Architect, you will have the opportunity to take architectural leadership and ownership on various projects from development to infrastructure.
• You will support the Business Analysts in identifying how business needs can be met cost effectively through leverage of platform capabilities.
• Supported by the Principal Architect, you will guide application architecture in line with business requirements.
• You will lead and be champion for best practices in specific development areas, and taking feedback from the team to bring their ideas to fruition.
• Using your knowledge and experience, you will be able to influence the team’s success, working with stakeholders across the business to deliver effective and successful product solutions.
• You will help the team develop work breakdowns and estimates, provide estimations and help plan project delivery timescales, as well as support the development and delivery of complex projects.
• You will provide feedback on progress against plans, timescale updates and problems to the Principal Architect and Development Director.
• You will participate in an out of hours on-call rota for incidents and emergencies.
Skills and experience required:
• Providing technical direction in software development and design using best practice principles, patterns and frameworks.
• Basic knowledge of SaaS and software design with containerised applications (Docker/ Kubernetes) and running of applications within a modern cloud provider (GCE, Azure. AWS etc.)
• Clear understanding of software architecture principals, service oriented architecture, RESTful services and API design.
• Clear understanding of architecture quality factors in relation to scalability, performance and security, including OWASP Top 10.
• Full understanding of the software development lifecycle with specific attention to the delivery of software products within an agile environment.
• Exposure to the latest tools and technologies (Continuous Integration, Test Automation, DevOps) and a strong understanding of technology trends.
• Estimate, document and communicate software designs to business stakeholders; technical and non-technical.
• Researching and recommending codebase and/or tooling enhancements to senior stakeholders.
• Git, Jira, Confluence.
• Software instrumentation and monitoring.
This is a UK home based role. If interested, please contact Oli Stockford at Evolution Recruitment ASAP!