I am helping a growing FinTech company in Bath who are on a mission to rebuild the infrastructure of the investments and advice markets… They provide the technology that allows people to access financial markets – buying and selling investments, and holding them in tax wrappers like ISAs and pensions.
Their software allows ambitious Fin Tech’s to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products – and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
Part of the plans to upscale their software team… they are looking for a talented QA Engineer to join their experienced team and work on a range of exciting products. You will be looking to perform testing both manually and seek to automate wherever possible. You will bring new ideas to the team and contribute to the QA framework.
What will you be doing?
You will be testing across web applications and APIs, working with and challenging product owners and engineers to improve test coverage and to discover untested scenarios. You have a good understanding of software development cycle including automation. You care about the quality of your output and are open to others help and critique that will allow us to achieve consistent high standards throughout the team.
What are they looking for?
You’ll be someone who…
- Enjoys testing all the products throughout the development process and working closely with the engineering and product teams
- Who has ability to work across multiple projects and is adaptable to a fast paced, high growth environment
- Strives to achieve high test coverage across their product and development lifecycle
- Can discover untested scenarios and work closely with product teams to ensure robust acceptance criteria
- Will make sure that manual tests are organised and performed where automation isn’t possible
- Has good knowledge of test automation frameworks for both front-end and back-end testing
- Works autonomously, taking ownership for personal and team delivery and outcomes
- Who has experience of moving from simple user stories to TDD/BDD stories that use Gherkin
- Is ISTQB qualified, or similar qualification (desirable)
If interested, please contact Oli Stockford at Evolution Recruitment ASAP!