Platform Engineer, Bristol, £60,000-65,000
The opportunity to grow a rapidly expanding company in the education sector is here! If you want to improve the experience of students, keep reading…
The software is a powerful and intuitive apprenticeship management platform designed to simplify the delivery of apprenticeships and bring the many processes together within a single system. This company seamlessly combines application management, programme creation, learning delivery, workforce and learner reporting, funding management and more.
As Platform Engineer you will be required to utilize your skills in cloud?engineering, automation and software development & scalability?to help with overall?platform reliability?and to?provide an environment in which the software engineering team can thrive.
You will be responsible for improving the build, release and overall technical landscape of the companies’ cloud infrastructure, and also in supporting and optimising the platform. You will play a key role working with the wider technology team in determining which technologies/process/practices the company utilises both now and in the future.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience implementing infrastructure as code in Azure/AWS e.g. Terraform/ARM/Pulumi
- Networking/DNS/Firewall setup and management
- Distributed systems experience e.g. SoA/Microservices
- Commercial experience in a range of CI/CD tools e.g. Jenkins/TeamCity/Azure DevOps
- Source control e.g. Git/SVN/TFS/Mercurial
- Container orchestration e.g. Kubernetes
- DevSecOps experience